90 Year Old Smoker Just a short walk from the old smiling lady, was this man who could barely speak a word of either Chinese or English. He sat quietly smiling and taking periodic inhales of his 4 foot long pipe!
by Mark Wiens on May 24, 2013
Chinese Chestnut Vendor When steamed, Chinese chestnuts take on a nice starchy potato like consistency. They make a great and healthy Chinese snack!
by Mark Wiens on May 17, 2013
Dragon Bridge in Yangshuo One of the destinations I loved visiting while biking in Yangshuo, China, was Dragon Bridge. It’s a beautiful place to relax, take a swim, and just enjoy the atmosphere. Can you spot the wedding couple at the top of the bridge? It’s also popular for wedding photography!
by Mark Wiens on March 15, 2013
Chinese Burger This Chinese hamburger was a cross between a Mexican taco and an Egyptian street food pita sandwich. It was quite delicious!
by Mark Wiens on February 22, 2013
Yulong River, Yangshuo, China In the gorgeous town of Yangshuo, China, one of the most popular activities for tourist is to take a leisure bamboo raft ride down the tranquil Yulong River. Scenic and relaxing!
by Mark Wiens on February 15, 2013
Village, Yangshuo, China When I was snooping around an ancient Chinese village near Yangshuo, China, I came across this crew of puppies standing on the wall. Their bossy older brother was barking commands at them and they behaved obediently.
by Mark Wiens on December 20, 2012
Lunch in China is a big meal (and a big deal), and for myself, it’s probably my favorite meal of the day. While in Yangshuo, there were a number of options for lunch, one of them being a huge assortment of pre-cooked dishes all set up buffet fast food style on a table – you […]
by Mark Wiens on November 16, 2012
Chinese Sashimi, Guangxi, China Chinese food is not exactly known for including too many raw things. In fact, everything is nearly cooked to death, even lettuce is supposed to be cooked. But in the small village of Chengyang, we had a traditional Chinese ceviche-like plate of raw fish cooked only by the acid of lime […]
Hey! My name is Mark. After graduating from university, I decided to travel and EAT!
- How To Live Like a VIP in Bangkok for $285.06 Per Month July 26, 2011
- Sri Lankan Food: 40 of the Island’s Best Dishes November 15, 2011
- 33 Foods Worth Traveling Across the World Just to Eat July 31, 2012
- How to Rent Cheap Apartments in Bangkok, Thailand February 28, 2012
- How to Use a Squat Toilet Like a Pro August 16, 2011
- 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World! March 22, 2011
- 101 Things To Do in Nairobi, Kenya January 30, 2011
- Have You Eaten Dog (or Cat) Meat? You Might Be Surprised… June 26, 2012