Photo Favorite: Open view of Cerro Fitz Roy, Patagonia, Argentina

5841871872 9532533921 o Photo Favorite: Open view of Cerro Fitz Roy, Patagonia, Argentina

Cerro Fitz Roy, Patagonia, Argentina

Location: Cerro Fitz Roy Mountain, Patagonia, Argentina

After taking a TEFL course in Buenos Aires in 2008, I headed south to catch a glimpse and do some hiking through Patagonia.

Though my tropical skin didn’t adapt too well to the frigid conditions, I witnessed a few of the most impressive natural mountainous landscapes and glaciers I’ve ever seen.

Comments

1. paulo says

One of my favorite spots on earth. I went climbing down there and climbed Fitz Roy. It is my maximum climbing achievement to date! The Torres Paine also gloriously beautiful.

Dude Paulo, that’s awesome man!! I was looking up at those rocks imaging how crazy it would be to climb them. Congratulations of climbing, that’s way cool!

You’re right, it was quite warm where I took the photo. As a warm climate lover, the sun felt amazing, but when I got up closer to that snow I was freezing!

Tropical skin…you and me both. Beautiful picture, but I think I prefer your photo over the freezing reality. In this case I’m happily an arm chair traveler.

One of the more beautiful places I’ve ever visited. The town of El Chalten is what I imagine Jackson Hole to have been like in the early 20th century. I’m afraid to go back for fear of finding ATM’s and paved roads.

I agree, it really was one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been. It’s been about 4 years since I was there, and I’m sure it has become more developed, but let’s hope it remains clean well taken care of!