33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Traveling is not just about visiting the famous sites; it’s about interacting with people, tasting delicacies, and learning about daily life through cultural travel.  2.5 years of Migrationology has brought me to each and every one of these locations. I hope this will inspire YOU to jump out of your chair and begin traveling around this multifaceted world that is waiting to be explored!

1. Magic on the Coast of Tanzania

5528372371 e02fe927da o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Coast of Tanzania

2. View from Coron Island – Philippines

palawan 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Coron Island, Palawan, Philippines

3. Power of Iguazu Falls – Argentina

5528961070 07137db6b8 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Iguazu Falls, Argentina

4. Makapu’u Point – Oahu, Hawaii

5528372159 dfc8b928bc o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Makapu'u Point, Oahu, Hawaii

5. Aladdin-like Experience at Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque – Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei

5531176584 66e2ea1a66 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque, Brunei

6. Greeted by Children at School – Northern Philippines

5528961018 75425daf0e o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Saying Goodbye in the Philippines

7. Ethiopian Food: A Passion

5528961872 9f0392853c o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Ethiopian Food in Nairobi, Kenya

8. Traditional Dhow Sailboat – Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania

5528961444 ab2c745e04 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Dhow Sailboat, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania

9. Amphitheater of Rice Terraces – Batad, Philippines

5528960126 4350b5aff4 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Batad Rice Terraces, Philippines

10. 90 Years of Harvesting Rice – Mayoyao, Philippines

5528961652 1f919ac5f4 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Mayoyao, Philippines

11. Divine Tastes of Nasi Campur in Malaysia

5528962580 3e9cc0b75a o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Divine Cuisine in Malaysia

12. Awestruck by Perito Moreno Glacier – Patagonia, Argentina

5528372467 2c4a8fbfd0 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Perito Moreno Glacier, Patagonia, Argentina

13. Clinging to a Zanzibar Door – Stone Town, Zanzibar

5528373251 3f669093a5 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Zanzibar Door, Stone Town, Zanzibar

14. Serving Fried Chicken: 1 Day Old – Manila, Philippines

5528422365 298b78fc04 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

1 Day Old Chicken, Manila, Philippines

15. Energetic Fish Market – Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania

5528961366 3f22240053 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Fish Market, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania

16. Balinese Friend – Bali, Indonesia

5528961950 c2c0dd0f4a o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Balinese Friend, Bali, Indonesia

17. Traversing the Dunes – Siwa Oasis, Egypt

5528961118 c2fa7161b1 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Siwa Oasis, Egypt

18. Freshly Roasted Nyama Choma (Meat) – Nairobi, Kenya

5528961756 579b433473 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Nyama Choma, Nairobi, Kenya

19. Glistening Shwedagon Pagoda – Yangon, Myanmar

5528372901 e01eef6847 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Shwedagon Pagoda, Yangon, Burma

20. Tranquility of Lake Toba – Sumatra, Indonesia

5528962840 7d94861c14 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Lake Toba, Sumatra, Indonesia

21. Trekking Torres Del Paine – Patagonia, Chile

5528373995 0001e73622 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Torres Del Paine, Patagonia, Chile

22. Unbelievable Turquoise Lake – Krabi, Thailand

5528372585 7cc256f9b1 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Turquoise Lake, Krabi, Thailand

23. Som Tam: A Wonder of Thailand – Anywhere, Thailand

5528373773 20f84f1844 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Som Tam Salad, Thailand

24. Falafel: A Dish for the Pharaohs – Luxor, Egypt

5528374227 1135647103 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Falafel, Luxor, Egypt

25. The Great Pyramids – Giza, Egypt

5528372963 972f6da660 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

The Great Pyramids, Giza, Egypt

26. African Elephants – Mikumi, Tanzania

5528963382 315979d88c o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

African Elephants, Mikumi, Tanzania

27. Orangutan on the Move – Sumatra, Indonesia

5528963002 89d2d0314a o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Orangutan, Sumatra, Indonesia

28. Mesmerized in Hong Kong – Hong Kong

5528372231 ac83dfb89c o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Lights on Hong Kong

29. Heavenly Plate of Zanzibari Biryani – Zanzibar, Tanzania

5528962074 6307d2b911 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Biryani, Zanzibar

30. Overgrown Temple – Angkor Wat, Cambodia

5528374735 3f3c3fcce1 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

31. Bun Cha: A Revolution of Taste – Hanoi, Vietnam

5528374833 8f307957ae o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Bun Cha, Vietnam

32. An Inspiring Evening – Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia

5528962496 6415ba71ac o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Sunset, Kota Kinabalu, Borneo, Malaysia

33. Unadulterated Sunset Over the Rufiji River – Selous, Tanzania

5528373871 e830d8e042 o 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World!

Sunset at Rufiji River, Selous, Tanzania

What inspires you to Travel?

Comments

These are stunning! I particularly love the photo of Coron Island in the Philippines and the school kids in the Philippines. I also love the photo of Makapu’u Point on Oahu. I used to love that area when I lived on Oahu.

2. dan says

Great photos! But not everyone finds food as fascinating – especially on a travel expose! less food photos, more places :)

3. Michael Figueiredo says

You got that right—I want to jump out of my chair right now and go traveling to these places! I’ve only been to 3 of them (Maui, Iguazu Falls, and Hong Kong) and want to see the rest for sure :)

4. Emy says

Amazing pictures Mark! I love that you share your experiences with us..! keep it up! take care! :) and keep uploading :)

5. jill- Jack and Jill Travel The World says

Beautiful shots. The one on Nasi Campus makes me hungry. I miss Indonesian food so much.

There’s is nothing like getting a huge pile of Nasi Campur and just devouring it with your hands, all those incredible tastes and combination’s go so well together! Glad to know you are also a fan!

6. Tams says

mmmmm SomTam! chan kit teung MAK! Hope alls good with you Mark, in Bangkok? Great photos and reminders of wonderful world, fantastic food! X

7. Lezly says

One of my favorite parts about traveling is the food! The food itself is an adventure:)

Love all your pictures!

8. salome riingen says

Great photos Mark! Traveling is really fun! I have learned from natives in one island that “pearl culture” is their main source of income. It’s amazing when they show how they do it in an actual pearl farm.

9. Joyce Klemm says

Wow, Mark. Gorgeous photos and such a wide variety. Thanks for sharing pictures of your travels with the rest of us.

Ok, I need to jump on a plane right now. These are amazing shots! I especially like the one of Coron in the Philippines. I loved it there so much I’ve been twice!

Thanks for sharing these!

Thanks Nick! We just followed the path and all of a sudden in the midst of brush and entangled water shrubs the turquoise pool appeared, it was amazing!

11. Christy @ Technosyncratic says

Wow, these are PHENOMENAL! I particularly love 8 and 9 — that sailboat is so neat and your photo of the rice terraces is perfectly captured.

12. Lorna - the roamantics says

YOU! you inspire me to travel! to all those places on my list that you take such incredible photos of :) stunning- all of them. the orangutan is beyond amazing and i just think with all of them, you’ve done such an beautiful job of marrying style to subject. promise to never stay put. you’re not allowed :)

13. Bette says

There is only one thing better than shopping in Hong Kong, and that’s eating. From small noodle joints to upscale French restaurant, you will locate all sorts of restaurant, eating hall and snack stall on earth in Hong Kong. This is definitely a good choice before I have $ for another trip.

Amazing pictures. They are so amazing (except those with meat in it, a semi-vegetarian myself) Love the rice terraces and african elephants!

Mark, those pictures are jaw-dropping!!! great shots…
    By the way, at #18 looks like you took that picture while having dinner. A few days ago I read a friend of mine’s blog who says that going out after 7 pm in Nairobi is extremely dangerous due to rampant robbery. In other countries which he visited (Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda) robbers do exist, but they only use knife. But in Nairobi they use guns (even AK-47). Is that right?

Hey Bama, thanks for the comment.
      There is always a danger to going out at night in Nairobi, it depends on where you are going and how you go about going out.

When I lived in Nairobi, I lived with my family in the neighborhood outskirts of the city. If I wanted to go out at night, I would normally stay with my friend who lived closer into the city, so I would not have to journey out to the neighborhoods where things are dark and have more of a potential for crime.

This being said, yes, there is a fare amount of crime, but sometimes I guess we just must take some risks (but try to avoid them).

16. Rebecca says

I don’t need to be inspired to travel, but these photos are just gorgeous and are definitely giving me itchy feet! Lucky I’m about to jump on a plane this week ;-)

Amazing pictures!!!! I literally loved all the pictures. The pictures of the food made me hungry now…. the closer food i could get is Ethiopian… i will go for it!!! Thanks!!!!

Those are simply some wonderful photos! Love the Ethiopian food especially since this is where my wife is from. You have been to some wonderful places thanks for the photos.

Incredible selection – congratulations!

I like to travel, to discover new places, to find out new and interesting things about touristic objectives, countries, to taste some traditional foods.

20. Idelish (Jeremy & Shirlene) says

What an amazing set of pictures! We have yet to set foot in Africa and your pictures just inspired us more than ever!

Thanks so much Jeremy and Shirlene!
      Hope you guys can make it to Africa sometime, the photos you guys would take there, would be unbelievable. By the way, I was browsing through your photos this afternoon, simply breathtaking, you guys are truly talented photographers.

Breathtaking, especially number 2. Just ridiculously beautiful. It’s amazing the power photos have in inspiring travel. There’s a picture I had of a church in Santorini overlooking the sea that I kept my entire life. I made a point of finding it on my first trip to Greece, and did.

Thanks Nico!
      Yah, pictures are so powerful, and it’s so incredible that we can see a photo of a place that we really want to go, and if we have the will, we will see it for our own eyes.

Hey dude

Whats most amazng about these stunning images is youve been there..

Great stuff I particularly liked the “(0 years of rice farming” and the landscape images in the phillipines.

Ive seen tomany street photos of the phillipines and not enough of the country side. Thanks for sharing

Hey Pedometer,
      Thanks for stopping by and checking out these photos – I really appreciate it! The Philippines is one of my favorite destinations.

23. Lola Fefe says

Thanks for featuring the Philippines alot! I’m a filipino and yet I haven’t been to the places that you have pictured here (well except Manila)

Hope you get to come back to the Philippines and have more beautiful photos :)

Definitely very inspiring!! Great photos, not visited any of these places!
    Visited many parts of India, not featured here.
    Have a nice day Mark:)

25. Maria Teresa Polo says

Amazing shots Mark! You’re the man! I do love travelling too, and always go for the food and
    lovely beaches. I just came from Phuket, Thailand last week…hmmmm…Tom Yum!
    Keep it up Mark, share your experiences Mr. Ambassador. :)

Wow! Coron Island is really beautiful! But overall, all are breathtaking pictures! Well done, Mark! Thanks for sharing the beauty with us. This pictures are enticing for us to go, travel round the world and see the charm of it. High quality posts you’ve got here! Good luck :)

Hey, I’m from Malaysia! Isn’t Sabah gorgeous :)
    Great website, Mark! Some lovely photos here, I love the ones of Tanzania! Thanks for sharing :)

28. AC Ninth says

Amazing pictures! Thanks for sharing them! The Argentina shots are breath-taking! I have been seeing and hearing about it lately, and your shot of Brunei is the reason why it is on my top list.

I also thought you would have something for Laos…..I’m so curious about that place, because it is under looked just like the Philippines. Speaking of that country, seems that you are very fond of the island? Funny, it was the last place I wanted to visit, but your images makes me want to re-discover…..

Hey AC,
      Thanks for checking out my site and for looking through these photos. There are so many beautiful places in the world, that it can be difficult to decide where to go next. However, it’s important to remember that there are amazing places in every country around the world, so all of these photos are an inspiration to get out there and explore! Argentina is great, Brunei is interesting, Laos is beautiful and the Philippines is gorgeous as well!

Those are really great photos! but I think you missed a little bit more from South america! The Amazon both the jungle and river. Machu Picchu! The Caribbean beaches of Colombia! The amazing island of Galapagos and the crazy Salar de Uyuni!

30. itchy feet says

enjoyed reading your blogs on SEA (South East Asia) nations and made me even more happy to find that several photos taken from different parts of my country Philippines is included above to inspire more people to come and visit Philippines. It’s one way of promoting tourism. I hope someday soon you will come back to see more of my country. Cebu, Bohol, Boracay and entire Palawan is a must see when you visit again.. I will share your blogs so that more people would be aware and be inspired to travel, BTW, I subscribed to your travelogue just a while ago.

Thanks for the kind comment and for subscribing! Glad to hear that you’re fromt the Philippines – it’s probably the most beautiful country I’ve been to. I would love to return sometime to check out more of your country! Thanks again!

Man, I’m so inspired by your posts. It’s actually my birthday today and was contemplating on so many things when I bumped into your blog. My greatest dreams in life include traveling the world and learning and inspiring people along the way. I’m happy you have included the Philippines as one of your favorite destinations in the world, but still I believe it is an undiscovered gem in Southeast Asia. Thank you for this blog, your followers can have a glimpse on what the Philippines has to offer.

So when are you coming back? I owe you a bottle of San Miguel or a freshly brewed Batangas coffee.

-Red

PS: Your posts about Thailand makes me want to go back! It’s my home for three years! Cheers!

Hey, thanks for stopping by Red and great to hear that you also enjoy traveling. Happy Birthday!
      I hope I can return to the Philippines sometimes soon for another trip, but right now nothing is planned, I’ll let you know! Thanks again for looking through my site and hope you have a great day!

32. Rolf says

The food pictures made me want to travel from the sofa to the kitchen to cook up a delicious green curry, a tom yum goong, and perhaps some flaffels.

As your headline promised, I’m inspired and itchin’ to head to the airport. So many amazing places to see, but particularly excited to get to Zanzibar.

34. Laurance says

Amaaaazing pictures! I also have been to Myanmar and Philippines and the people of those two countries inspired me a lot. Have you been to Camiguin Island in Mindanao, Phils.? It is out of this world, a stunning place with great people!

By the way, your website is incredibly useful, thank you!

35. SD says

Nairobi!!!! Nyama choma & Ethi food – yummm & big time kudos to you for the mention & awesome pics!!

addicted to your blog, btw!

Woah, an amazing set of images. I think most people would struggle to fight their inner travel bug after looking at these. Personally for me, image number 2 of the Philippines does it for me.

Mark,

I am going to Seoul in about 3 weeks and really enjoyed your videos on YouTube. Because of you, I will definitely try and take 1trip overseas every year. Btw, where can I ask you a question about the Seoul?

Hey Johann, good to hear that you’ll travel more, and thank you for watching my videos! I really don’t know too much about Seoul, but I visited for about 3 weeks. Let me know if you have any other questions!

38. Tyara says

hi there, this is my first time to visit your page and… I loooooovee it. Travel and food are the best combo as always.. say hi from Indonesia. :D

39. David says

I just want to say how amazing and inspiring your photos and videos are. I have done a bit of traveling around Asia and Europe and I regret not immersing myself as much as I could with the culture and food of the places I visit. But starting now, I promise to do so. Keep on living life!

All the best,
    David from Manila

1. [...] 33 Photos That Will Inspire YOU to Jump Out of Your Chair and Travel the World! – StumbleUpon Traveling is not just about visiting the famous sites; it’s about interacting with people, tasting delicacies, and learning about daily life through cultural travel . 2.5 years of Migrationology has brought me to each and every one of these locations. I hope this will inspire YOU to jump out of your chair and begin traveling around this multifaceted world that is waiting to be explored! 1. Magic on the Coast of Tanzania Coast of Tanzania [...]